CA004606-W.jpg
The Lancaster Shopping Centre, just after opening. Image: Archives of Ottawa, Item CA004606, June 13, 1954.

On April 28, 1954, residents of the rapidly developing part of Nepean Township known as City View were welcomed to the grand opening of the Lancaster Shopping Centre. Constructed by subdivider and homebuilder William Lancaster and designed by architect Norman Sherriff, the small plaza opened with Hyde’s IGA Foodliner, Tom Reith’s Hardware, the Elm Grove Pharmacy, and a post office.1Ottawa Journal, April 28, 1954, p. 12.

Read more

Notes   [ + ]

1. Ottawa Journal, April 28, 1954, p. 12.